softail xs

Chris – Hi ya, been collecting various xs parts for the last 15 years, finally last year started bolting things together. I made forward controls, fender rails and wheel spacers myself,wanted to powder coat frame but got laid off last week so it will be a rattle can special when weather gets warmer (this winter has been the coldest for 30 years in the uk)

My next tasks are to change the ugly mounts on the sportster tank and make a battery box. I am using a 350 LC mono shock for suspension (too old for hardtails ha ha)wiring it up following the Brian Durk method on u tube, hope i spelt his name right. take it easy.

Chris – black country man

Comments

1. mike lytle says:

love everything except that rear fender……looks like you did a great job on the softail, but that rear fender looks way too big for the great lines of the bike……..just sayin……..thanks for sharing

I agree with mike…

3. Ted Hewitt says:

I think the fender will look good when it is all the same color nice start
    solftail is good to see some thing different.

4. chris says:

Hi Mike,Fannoboss and Ted,i sent these pics in about 2 years ago,so i am a bit surprised that they have been put on the site this week.Not done much to it for the last 18 months due to work commitments,but i am going to get back to working on it soon,Ted you are right about the fender the colour difference in the photo makes it look big but it will look good when its all the same colour.thanks for your comments
    Chris

5. misfitskinny says:

Very good fabrication, very different. I like it!!! Cant wait to see wheen its done!

6. DENNI$ says:

seat flow should help to tie that fender in as well. I’d prolly change out that peanut tank, too, butt that’s just me.

7. 77metricbobber says:

You could call it a hardley

8. roger says:

Wow I lov the hard tail the first 650 I have seen with one. Nice Job. Did you make the Pipes for the exhuast?

9. chris says:

hi roger, I didn’t make the exhausts,i’ve owned them for so long I can’t remember who made them or where I got them from,

10. rogercoleman says:

Thanks for the reply, I think they are some old stock pipes. We have have a bike recycler sales store 40miles away I,ll cheak them. My bike has the engine in the shop. I made my owm brat style frame, Most the ones I see are wierd. Im getting ready for paint. Have a good day, thanks for the reply

11. chris says:

Hi roger, have you posted any photos on the site,since these pics of my chop were taken I have rebuilt top end of engine made electric / battery box and changed tank mounts,painted the engine and polished side casings,slow progress but fun,