CYCLEBOMB #2 ROCKERBOXRACING

It all started out last year when I ran into an old friend that had just finished a fresh xs650. As soon as I saw it I immediately started looking for one for myself. Not too long after I came across this 1983xs completely stock with a (brand new rebuilt motor) <–haha Had a really hard time trying to get it to pass inspection due to it not being able to start, so I just started building it.

This was my first build motorcycle wise. Started out with an Elswick Cycles rear hard tail with a 4″ stretch. Laced the front hub to a 21: rim and wrapped it with a speed master tire.

Started building the bike in a friends garage which was soon switched to my kitchen to finish it. (Gotta do what ya gotta do) Everything on the bike was made by me minus turning the forks down and making the rear hard tail (which next time a whole frame build will be in store)!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my bike!

The Crew at CYCLEBOMB x ROCKERBOXRACING

Comments

1. Matt Wilson says:

Very raw, and very cool. Great build! So tell me, how did you get it airborne like that? Looks like a BMX move!

2. pickles says:

Make it your’s, and ride the piss outta it! Diggin it.

3. tucker says:

Wow. great look. nice work!

4. There is a little lip in the concrete that you can’t see very well in the picture, it was the edge of a long ramp to a loading dock. Jumping a hardtail with lowered forks is not that much fun 🙂 We’re working on a few things right now that should get airborne a little easier.

VIDEO OF HOW TOU BUNNY HOPPED OR IT’S PHOTO-SHOPPED. Very cool bike and the Bunny Hop will be controversial for months to come. Well done !

* YOU…sorry

7. Haha- Yeah, I like that picture – a lot of people have said the same thing. I don’t think it’s possible to bunny hop a 450lb+ hardtail. There is definitely some camera trickery going on – the angle and lighting makes it look like a hop but there is little kick up.

8. Spanky says:

I have the video of it being bunny hopped somewhere haha give me a few and I will upload

9. St.Martin says:

Love the clutch handle on the suicide. Bike is Awesome

10. henry says:

check out the website http://www.rockerboxracing.com for more pictures of this bike and what we are doing! and also a picture of this bike being SURFED in KENTUCKY

11. El Gaucho says:

Great bike! Watch your shirt though.

12. PlugHead says:

Love the look of this bike and the solid mount seat. Great job!

13. We got a good picture of Tyler surfing this bike (you can see it on rockerboxracing.com). And we made it into a t-shirt. I actually just picked up a fresh batch of shirts this afternoon, click the store button on the site if you’re interested in picking one up!

14. Luis Nutz says:

It has a hungry, poverty stricken, stripped down look that suggests the rider could only be on his way to a pig roast kegger in the woods. The rider will be sleeping in his clothes tonight, under a tree.

15. CruzBoos says:

It would have to take a redneck to launch a hardtail and then brace for the landing.
    Don’t just launch her off a ramp. Try putting on a larger sprocket, grab her hair, kick up the front end and really hop the bitch. Luv the handlebar, but really don’t trust it with a front end wobble.

16. dex82 says:

yeah, watch the shirt. wouldn’t be cool to have that going down between the seat and tire

17. dex82 says:

really dig the handlebars though

18. salt lake jeff says:

bunny hop!
    love this bike, saw it on instagram a little while ago, i think. perfectly done.

19. Ulysses says:

Suicide clutch and jockey shift combo (mid-control setup) is not on the RBR site store… Any clues to when they are available for purchase?

20. Ulysses,

Shoot me an email – [email protected].

We build them to order – the style and bends we can throw in depend on the peg and exhaust placement on the bike.

If you want to send along pics of your exhaust and pegs – and an idea of what style you want, we can get it bent up for you.

21. JimmyDirtnap says:

Tough looking bike, super minimal, I dig it!

22. Giancarlo Thompson says:

Brutal, brutal, WIKID !!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Jbot says:

Was curious what front rim you used for the 64 spoke stock hub? Looks like a fun sickle. Nice work!

24. joe jitsu says:

Get air airborne with a flying armbar why don’t ya? What’s up bro? Thought that was tattoo tyler when I saw ya. Lol.cool bike bro.

25. GUY says: