“M.I.L.F.” Motorcycle I Loved Fabricating

a2012-DSCN3235

My name is Bryon and this is my first build. She’s a 1970 XS1. The moment I saw that front hub on another bike I was hooked. I had a blast building this bike and it’s far from done, hell who knows if they are ever done right? It’s pretty much stock other than the obvious frame modifications. Run of the mill pamco ign., PMA, upgrades. The seat is from Mother road customs, they have a lot of really cool leather work, and being a fan of war era pinup girls this was a must.

a2012-DSCN3242

I have to give a big shout out to Tim, and Tyler, and yes you to Reed, at T.C. Brothers, I”m lucky to live in their back yard. They are great guys and an endless well of info, I can’t wait for the weather to break so I can ride this thing over there. I also want to thank my son Ian, who as it turns out is a much better welder than his dad….haha, and still in high school.

a2012-DSCN3240

He had the honor of taking it down the street on one of its maiden voyages, when he pulled up he was grinning from ear to ear and all he said was ” I want one”.…can’t wait to get started.

I don’t see paint in the near future, so far anyone who has seen it likes the bare look and so do I.

a2012-DSCN3237

Next up forward controls and I am leaning real heavy towards a 2-1 intake, I think that would really make this bike stand out. Thanks again, this web site is great I look at it everyday. Let me know what you think. Bryon

Comments

Nice seat

Nice seat

3. Boon UK says:

M.I.L.F. Don`t get me started my head hurts now . Like your style, looks simple but the best things do, a lot of work gone into M.I.L.F. Your right they are never finished you have to make it last forever, mother it like Freud, mutate it`s life form, mould it`s little fragments, make it`s lights flicker and make it lifelong friend.

4. Boon UK says:

5. mookie says:

i think forward controls would be a step backwards.don’t fix it when it aint broke.looks great as it sits.

6. Bryon says:

HaHa,….Thanks Boon UK, those are keepers.

7. Boon UK says:

I`ve got to stop repeating myself, it must be my age. Either that or I need a drink to stop my shakes. Funny but I only shake when I think of M.I.L.F

8. William A. says:

Excellent work Bryon! She’s a beauty! I love the stripped look. It’s very close to my own bike.
    I agree with Mookie, don’t put forward controls though. I kept the mids on mine and fabbed a Jockey Shifter Suicide Clutch setup.
    Enjoy!

9. Zoogz says:

I really like this bike. The tank is awesome.
    What’s the headlight you’re using?

10. El Gaucho says:

Ouch, this hurts to see. BUT, it IS xs650chopper.com and not xs650stocker.com. If I got my hands on a ’70, I would be able to cut her up. I’d give anybody two specials to chop up for a nice standard.

11. Bluesgrinder says:

Hey Bro don’t worry about the critics, the bike has a nice look. Some of the Guys ( spend a lot of money )that chop theses things are exsperts, and alot of proffessional fabrication and machine skills ( Plus tools and machines ) the basic 1st timers balls up I just cut the s— outta of my bike I hope I get it back together guys like me do not have. For some of us every change takes alot of learning, talking, trying, and plain guts. I like the Idea of forward controls. Plus what did you do with all the electrical that was stuffed in the old headlight?

12. RJ from the ole school says:

choppers are like diapers,,,sooner or later,,,later for some,,,you grow out of them,,,I was 33,,,,,then you begin to acquire a taste for performance ,,,,and some degree of comfort ( after your back doctor says ” you’re gonna pay for that hard ride,,,”) Look at recent photos of American hawg riding clubs,,,you know,,ANGELS,,MONGOLS etc,,,not too many rigids in those clubs,,,I enjoy seeing anyone digging an old 650 out of the trash heap and giving it new life,,,M.I.L.F. looks clean and nostalgic,,,glad to see it as well as cafe”s in XS650 Chopper,,,it expands its viewer base,,,nice build, Bryon,,,what’s next?

13. Boon Uk says:

What does RJ stand for ridged joints? You were a bit old to still be wearing diapers? mind you the extra padding would of helped soften that hard ride. Ride what you want, when you want, how you want, with who you want and don`t follow no rules. I must admit I don`t spend a lot of time looking at photo`s of clubs and what type of bikes they ride, I`m to busy building something that suits me, try it Ridged Joints you know it make`s sense. M.I.L.F motorcycles I like to fubar!