Nick xs650

a2012-2012-08-31_16

Nick – I’d been wanting to build an XS and have been lurking around xs650chopper.com for for a couple years.

Luckily a close friend of mine actually bought one and began to cut it up.  Once I found out he had started the project I told him if he ever wanted to sell it that I would buy it.  Well it wasn’t too far after that he called me and said it was mine if I wanted it.

a2012-229

When I got it from him it had already been hardtailed by TC Bros but it also had somethings I wasn’t really interested in like forward controls and a 3 gal sportster tank that was too big for the bike. I stripped the bike down and started over.  Painted the frame and engine with high temp black spray paint, polished up a few parts, and painted the tank and fender a cream white from a can.  I got rid of the forward controls and got a set of mid controls from monstercraftsman. The latest updates have been removing the points in favor of a pamco ignition, which I love, and lowering the forks 2 inches.  I ride this think everywhere and it starts on the first kick almost every time.

Thanks,
Nick

Comments

1. Stephanie says:

Always wondered what one would look like with a TC tail and sportster tank.

2. Andrew says:

I dont think a man has ever looked less masculine than that on a motorcycle! just saying

3. BUSTER says:

hey bro that would look way better with forward controls and slide the seat to the rear guard contact point ! nice job though well done keep it coming,each bike is a display of the owners creative abilities and I dig that.Enjoy the ride !!

4. Grumpy says:

I agree with Buster except the comment that it would look better with forward controls! I like it the way it is but the seat needs to be back closer to the rear guard!!! But that’s why we are all different otherwise we would be living in a boring world if we were all the same with the same idea’s….. Great job! If you like it then what others say don’t matter! Enjoy it….

5. El Gaucho says:

Nice lines. I agree with the forward controls comment as well, but it’s not bad with the mids, you just look a little cramped up is all.

6. Nick says:

Yeah I know it’s just another xs with a tc bros hardtail and sportster tank, but 1) there’s a reason so many people do it and that’s because it’s easy and looks good 2) I’m not some awesome bike builder that can cut up tanks and make them my own. I’m working with what I’ve got and have yet to run into anyone else with even an xs on the road. Either way, the bike is actually in the middle of a rebuild right now. This was the first bike I’ve ever put together so trying to clean it up now.

7. Stephanie says:

My CB handle is “White Cheddar” if you guys want to continue this over there

8. William A. says:

Congratulations on your first build!…Thumbs up! IMHO…a very clean build. I support your decision of having mid mounted controls. It is a personal comfort thing. I also mounted mids on my bike and would not have any other way. Build the bike according to your tastes, budget and skill level.Forget any criticisms. That’s the beauty of our hobby!

9. Bo Ostrowski says:

Nick nice bike bro I seen you around before I’m friends with Tyler Dixon. Sweet xs though I have three at the moment there all torn back down two hardtails and a brat I’m building. Keep up the good work and rip it up.