3 years, 5 stitches. 1980 first build..

noid-bikefinish1-xs650

Jason Lukach – Picked her up 3 years ago after spending almost 20 years rotting away in a barn.  couldn’t be happier with the outcome for my first build.. Learned a lot along the way. Can’t wait for the next one..

Comments

1. usp222 says:

Very cool bike and awesome for a first build. Do it again and again.

2. Kevin says:

Great job, I like your title, i’m kind of the same story..

3. Jason says:

Nearly too half my thumb off with an angle grinder. Didn’t hurt til the old doctor with the shakes started scrubbing it..

OH, HELL YES !!!! You got it this looks like it could’ve been pulled off the pages of an early 70’s bike mag. Well Done

5. El Gaucho says:

I’m digging the grime factor on the whitewalls! Is the pillion seat on backwards?

6. Jason says:

Had originally planned on cleaning it up but once the whole bike was together, I decided it looked better dirty.. As far as the pillion pad, Is there a front and back? I like the line of it the way it is now but as far as comfort flipping it around would probably be better. But lets face it.. That thing isn’t going to be comfortable any way you turn it!!

7. Jason says:

Thanks fanoboss. She definitely had a few different looks in the the three years it took to finish. But I couldn’t be happier with the outcome..

8. El Gaucho says:

True, it ain’t ever gonna ride like a Caddy! But I think if any body did ride that pad, it would be a challenge to stay on it! I guess you’ll have to have the ol lady try it out both ways and see which way she likes best. Then you can make it so she either wants to ride with you, or not, depending on what you want, lol. I actually just sold a bobber to a guy who specifically wanted a bike with a solo seat so his ol lady wouldn’t ask to ride with! HA!